Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, October 2, 2008

35w5d

SO... it's been an interesting afternoon.

This morning I woke up, and through the morning, as I was getting ready, I thought I was leaking fluid. As I had a lunch date with the girls planned, I was just going to call the Naval Hospital and ask them what I should do after lunch (if I was really going into labor, I'd want something on my stomach!) So I called Patrick just to give him a heads-up on what was going on, and then I went about my business and went to lunch...

So then we were standing outside waiting for everyone to get there and Patrick calls... apparently he was a little freaked out, and after talking to some of the people he works with he decided to call the nurse hotline at the hospital and told them what was going on and they said to come in... so he headed home to get me as I scarfed down a bowl of soup, he picked me up at Red Robin, and we went in.

They hooked me up to the monitors and checked progress for a little while, she looked good, she was moving around a LOT... then when the STUDENT midwife came in to check me she put the wrong size thingy in there (don't know what they are called) and so I'm OW OW OW-ing, and then it slipped and opened up all the way, and she's just moving it all around... I think the real midwife felt really bad... long story short no progress as of yet, it didn't end up being any fluid as far as they could tell, she's still got a bit to go, my cervix is still sitting back a ways... but I suppose we'll see if anything happens after all that poking and prodding. I just hope I don't get that same lady again... I feel pretty yucky now from it all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought I was leaking fluid too! I woke up in the middle of the night with a gush that came out! So, I got up changed my bottoms and went back to bed becuause I wasn't having contractions and didn't feel anything else come out!! So, I called the doc in the morning and told him what happened and I went in and he checked me and said no fluid. SOmetimes water can just get stuck up there and eventually it had to come out!! I had been in the pool the night before!! But, when my water did break it woke me up... it was a big gush and it didn't stop coming out... so that is what you need to look for... I didn't know that when your water broke it didn't stop coming out until the baby was born... call me stupid but I guess I just didn't realize... anyway good luck in the weeks to come!!! I know you will do great! I hope all of my comments aren't scaring you! I just wish I had someone to talk to that went through it at the same time so I would know what to expect!!! So, anyway you will be in our prayers!

sue said...

Oh Mandi, I am so sorry... I know these "newbies" need the practice, but put them onto the Mom's who have done this before... that way, they can tell the newbie..."you're doing that wrong!!" the last few weeks are the worst, it's just God's way of getting you ready.. by the time labor comes around, you will be happy to do it!!!! a month from today, Maya will be here...... btw... my waters never broke, I just went into labor..so there is a chance that they won't break ahead of time...