Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, March 7, 2011

19w2d

Well, I feel like crud. I'm getting sick.

I woke up this morning with my throat exceptionally sore (it usually is a tiny bit, as I am a mouth breather, and so at night it irritates my throat) and was ok for most of the day, but since dinner it's steadily gotten worse. I'd usually wait it out and then go in when I am super miserable and can't handle it anymore (I had chronic strep/tonsilitis all through my early years, until moving to North Carolina-I actually had an appointment to get my tonsils removed when I had to skip and make the big move before the one college course I was taking down there began). This time I'm pregnant, tired anyway, and not at ALL willing to put anything in the way of my appointment on Thursday. I don't want to have to make the hour and a half drive down there and then the same all the way back feeling miserable, especially when it's a day we've been SO looking forward to since we found out we were having twins! I'm calling the doctor first thing tomorrow morning, and I hope they can squeeze me in somewhere.

On a good note, we had a really super productive weekend. We completely gutted the garage, sprayed for spiders ('tis about to be the season) and then did some major re-arranging, organizing, and donating to Goodwill. We dragged out all of the baby stuff we'll be needing to clean up and put together in the next few weeks, including the clothes bins... nothing will get washed yet, of course, just stashed in their room after we paint and put the crib back together. We did most of the organizing in their room-I decluttered my craft stuff and put it in new bins so they can actually have a closet-and pretty much as soon as I get Maya's quilt finished we'll be mostly done in there. I had a goal of getting the quilt top done by Wednesday so I could just pack up my sewing stuff for awhile and be done with it but I don't quite see that happening now, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I'm ready to be done with it-I started it before I even knew I was pregnant, I think, or shortly thereafter at least. Regardless, we'll have the room cleared out and taped up on Wednesday night for painting to begin on Thursday. Eek!

No comments: