Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, May 15, 2008

15w5d

We got to see the baby today!!

Today's appointment went great and really just made my day or week or month till the next time I get to see the little miracle. At the beginning of the appointment I explained to her that we had been trying for months to get pregnant, and as soon as we did he had to leave and missed all of the appointments, and hadn't seen the baby yet... I asked her if there was any way she could bring in the portable machine, and she said that they really aren't supposed to, but at the end she would see what she could do.

So everything looks good and on track so far... I've lost a pound from pre-pregnancy weight and my first appointment, but they aren't concerned about it yet this early when the baby is still so little. I have been having a lot of pressure and almost cramps this week, and she said it's because I am not drinking enough water... blah blah blah fine. We heard the heartbeat, but she couldn't get a count on what it was (she said at LEAST the 150s) because the little bugger was moving around so much... I didn't realize what I heard was it kicking till she pointed it out to me!

And yes. At the end, she did bring the ultrasound machine. She said it hadn't been working right lately so we'd just see... it fired right up, and I'm sure that was due to the massive amount of praying that happened by lots of people to make sure he got to see the baby today. She let us look for a good long while... boy is that kid a MOVER! it was all over the place... sucking its thumb (awwww) stretching out, twisting and turning... we got to see everything-legs, hands, fingers, feet... there is so much of a difference from what it looks like now to what it looked like 7 weeks ago. I am just amazed about this little life that's growing inside of me... there really aren't words unless you've been there yourself.

Overall it was a great day and a great appointment... off to get ready for Mom and Dad Haney to get here!

2 comments:

Cass. Just Curious said...

That is so fantastic that he got to see the baby! Glad your appointment went so well!

Nate & Kas said...

I am so so excited for you guys! What a great day!