Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

34w4d

About the picture I posted yesterday: Apparently my hands look manly, because a friend on Facebook yesterday asked if they were Patrick's hands. Maybe that's a sign I should start getting my nails done? I don't work in a kitchen anymore, so that's no longer an excuse...

Anyway, I've been feeling ill today-like flu ill-so I was looking up some things and guess what I came across:

Pre-Labor: Signs that Labor is About to Begin

Possible Signs Labor May Begin Soon.
· Backache: Not the type of backache you have in late pregnancy that changes when you shift position, but a persistent dull ache that makes you restless and irritable. (have that)
· Cramps. Abdominal cramping that is mild to moderate in discomfort. (that too)
· PMS symptoms: crabby, irritable. (oh gosh, just ask poor Patrick)
· Nesting Urge. (YES)
· Frequent, soft bowel movements. Flu-like symptoms. (had me awake at 3am)

If you experience these symptoms, it is important to remember that they are not necessarily signs that labor is imminent. They may persist for days or weeks before labor begins. The presence of these symptoms is a good reminder to make sure you have everything prepared for labor and birth, and to make sure you are aware of what other signs to be watching for.
However, try not to get too excited about things, or start making too many plans assuming the baby is on its way. Continue your normal routines, get lots of rest, eat and drink well, nurture yourself in these precious days before the baby arrives.

1 comment:

sue said...

sounds like good advise to me... and truely Mandi.. get all the sleep you can... a month from now you may be wondering what "sleep" is... though my babies (Kas and Sadie) were good sleepers and I really didn't lose that many nights.... (do you hear that Maya??? good sleepers!!!!) hang in there... it won't be long now...