Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, September 15, 2008

33w2d

I'll be honest with you-Patrick's the one who has been walking Evie lately. By the time walk time comes around at night my sciatic nerve is so bad it's sometimes all I can take to hobble to the bathroom, or I'm so tired... and if I dare go in the morning it wears me out for the entire day and I am completely worthless. I know, bad me. But that's how it is, and I am being honest about it.

So today, even though I have the car, when I needed to mail a letter (and our mailman had already come around) I decided Evie and I would make the healthy choice and walk ourselves to the little annex-maybe between a half mile, mile total? I wear my crocs when I walk, because it's the coziest for my feet-flip flops hurt after a bit and it's too hot to put my tennis shoes on.Well I went to put on said crocs to head out the door-and they DON'T FIT! I mean serious don't fit too-my foot was hanging off the end, I couldn't fit them, width wise, in there at all. These suckers used to be a very comfortable fit, a little loose even. I couldn't believe it. I mean I knew I was swelling a little bit, especially since it has been steadily 90 (heat index still going up towards and past 100) but geez... sure am.

Since my goal starting October 1 is to do all I can to encourage labor, including taking hugely long walks every day (*hopefully* it will start to cool down, otherwise I'll have to suck it up) I'm going to have to find something to do with my little feetsies here. Poor crocs. Good thing we didn't end up getting another couple of pair for the pregnancy because they'd be worthless till I deliver.

Here's a shot of the poor sausages...




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My feet got like that in the last month but I will say not quite as bad as yours are!! But a good foot massage can help start labor!! So get that hubby rubbing in October!!!

Nate & Kas said...

ooohhh!!!! :( my poor Mandi!! Maybe soak them in some cold water?

by the way... the baby room looks AMAZING!!! I love everything you have done!